FISHING AND RECREATION IN VARZUGA

Salmon fishing, ecotourism, hiking and a calm rural life away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Our guest house in Varzuga is happy to open its doors to experienced tourists and those seeking relaxation and tranquility.
Varzuga is an ancient Pomor village on the Terskii coast on the Kola Peninsula, dated 1419. The village is located on both sides of the river Varzuga, which is 22 kilometers from the White Sea. The left, older side of Varzuga is called Nikolskaya, and the right side is called Uspenskaya. The village has preserved wooden churches from the XVII-XIX centuries, which strike with their beauty. The Uspenskaya church was built in 1674 — a masterpiece of wooden architecture of the Russian North.

The incredible beauty of the Pomor village and the salmon-rich river attract many anglers and travelers. There are a number of activities that will suite everyone: fishing, ecotourism, hiking and cycling.
Our guest house in Varzuga is happy to open its doors to experienced tourists and those seeking relaxation and tranquility.
Varzuga is an ancient Pomor village on the Terskii coast on the Kola Peninsula, dated 1419. The village is located on both sides of the river Varzuga, which is 22 kilometers from the White Sea.

The incredible beauty of the Pomor village and the salmon-rich river attract many anglers and travelers. There are a number of activities that will suite everyone: fishing, ecotourism, hiking and cycling.
Welcome to Varzuga!
Welcome to Varzuga!
Welcome to Varzuga!
Welcome to Varzuga!
Welcome to Varzuga!
Welcome to Varzuga!
Welcome to Varzuga!
Welcome to Varzuga!

Welcome to Varzuga!

WHY US:
100%
POMOR CUISINE
100%
FRIENDLY HOSTS
100%
UNFORGETTABLE IMPRESSIONS
FEEDBACK FROM OUR CUSTOMERS:
ABOUT VARZUGA
Varzuga village is the oldest Russian settlement on the Kola Peninsula. Varzuga is 100 years older than Kola settlement and 450 years older than the city of Murmansk. Amazing beauty of the village stretches along the banks of the Varzuga River. Settlers from the Novgorod land chose a place 30 km away from the mouth of the river that flows into the White Sea. According to the parish churches, the left-bank side of the village is called the Nikolskaya side. The right-bank side of the village is called Uspenskaya after the Uspenskaya Church.

It was in Varzuga that I realized what real culture is. Varzuga is the song center of the region, the village where the culture, folk life, and the general ethical system of the northern village are most fully preserved.

Dmitry Balashov, Russian writer